LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to link Moog FCS HapticMASTER with LabVIEW?

Recently I am working with the robotic arm system, Moog FCS HapticMASTER. I would like to know if it is possible to communicate with the robot via LabVIEW interface. Any information will be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,781 Views)

@yvw5084 wrote:

Recently I am working with the robotic arm system, Moog FCS HapticMASTER. I would like to know if it is possible to communicate with the robot via LabVIEW interface. Any information will be highly appreciated.

You would know better than us what communication interface(s) is(are) available on this system.

LabVIEW is not an interface. It is a programming language.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,778 Views)

Thank you for the clarification, nyc. Sorry I did not describe the situation well.

The C++ library came with the HapticMASTER system only contained some .h and .dll files but no .cpp files. I know that it is possible to implement C library in LabVIEW. For C++ objects, however, it is necessary to code some C wrapper functions. Is it possible to do this without the .cpp files? and how it could be done?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,766 Views)

@yvw5084 wrote:

Thank you for the clarification, nyc. Sorry I did not describe the situation well.

The C++ library came with the HapticMASTER system only contained some .h and .dll files but no .cpp files. I know that it is possible to implement C library in LabVIEW. For C++ objects, however, it is necessary to code some C wrapper functions. Is it possible to do this without the .cpp files? and how it could be done?

You may be able to use Call Library Function Node to call the dll files.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,760 Views)

The DLL docs are critical. 

It is a straightforward effort to use library call nodes to create LabVIEW drivers from a dll.  It can be tricky to access dll functions (configure the library nodes)  depending on the data types in the functions.  For example C structures would be a lot more difficult than a numeric data type.

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,756 Views)

Yes, it is. The latest API by Moog is a plain ASCII protocol, with string commands like "create spring mySpring", "get mySpring stiffness" etc.

The answers are also plain ASCII strings, and easy to parse. This makes it possible to create drivers for any program which can send ASCII strings to and from an IP address.

Contact haptics@moog.com if you need furher info.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,668 Views)