LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have mutually exclusive dialog radio buttons?

Hello Bruin-Friend:

I guess you are having fun in Alaska after all!
Well, noting that you are a perfectionist, I took the liberty to point out 2 small glitches that this approach would still have.
1. The GUI still allows users to select more than one values, even though the action does not �brighten� the indicator (in short it�s a bit confusing).
2. Even if you solve point 1. (with better labeling or case structures), it will be not as intuitive as the �customized glider method� to add or delete options for future upgrades of the GUI, should it be needed.

Just my 2Cents anyway

Santiago
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33
(2,373 Views)
Salutations!

Well, I don't know about being a perfectionist, but I'm always up to a challenge :+) I have to admit, 90% of everything I know about Labview I learned on these forums (or is that "fora") The "official" documentation of Labview leaves a bit to be desired, but it's more than made up for by hanging around here.
Some of our people are at a big ionospheric conference in Santa Fe....it's a yearly thing. Been there a couple of times, myself....there are some real interesting characters there. Science geeks can get pretty passionate if you push the right buttons!
Eric P. Nichols
P.O. Box 56235
North Pole, AK 99705
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33
(2,373 Views)
Jean-Pierre:

Very Elegant, sir! I've also worked out an approach that uses polling to determine the state of pressed buttons, but we've probably flogged this problem into oblivion. By the way, you've probably discovered that the "official" labview compound arithemetic node does NOT properly do exclusive OR with more than two inputs! Apparently this is an oversight that's been propagated since the earliest versions. Probably not worth fixing, since methods like yours work fine. Just a note!

Chutla
Eric P. Nichols
P.O. Box 56235
North Pole, AK 99705
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(2,373 Views)
Some how the way of customisation of the fron t panel is still not clear to me . Can you explain the steps you followed to create the front panel .

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33
(2,409 Views)
A built-in radio buttons control is available in LabVIEW 7.1. Visit the Knowledge Base for more information.

N. Kapoor
LabVIEW Documentation
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 33
(2,373 Views)

How would Mike's radio_button.vi 10 KB from 4-22-2003 be modified to select a case in an event structure?

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33
(1,235 Views)

Here is how I would do it.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(1,233 Views)

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the quick response but I'm a bit in the backwoods and only have 9.0, ergo, I can't open the VI.

Thanks Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33
(1,222 Views)

Here you go.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(1,220 Views)

I ran across this thread trying to recall how to do this.  I thought I would post this simple solution for anyone else looking to do this.

Gregory Osenbach, CLA

Fluke, Everett, WA

Gregory Osenbach, CLA
Fluke
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33
(1,073 Views)