LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to extract analog input voltage signal frequency

Hi all,

Is it possible to extract the frequency of the input analog signal(voltage), I want to extract to extract the frequency of it and feed it to the output signal (generated by waveform generator VI), so that both signal can have same frequency.

is it possible

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,855 Views)

@AnkitG wrote:

is it possible

Look in the Signal Processing->Waveform Measure palette.  There are a few VIs in there for extracting the frequecy/frequencies in a signal.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,852 Views)

But I have analog Voltage signal task , how can I use " Extract Tone Vi's as they use time signal input? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,846 Views)

If you just have a single sample, there is absolutely no way to get the frequency out of it.  You need to have many samples at the same sample rate.  And the more samples you have, the more accurate your frequency measurement will be.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,842 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

If you just have a single sample, there is absolutely no way to get the frequency out of it.  You need to have many samples at the same sample rate.  And the more samples you have, the more accurate your frequency measurement will be.

Can you give me an example?
My input signal is a continous signal , I have a vi which generate the put signal when an in put signal is detected all I want now is to match the frequency of the input and output signal.

Please see attached vi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,836 Views)

Have the DAQmx Read output the waveform.  It will make things easier on you.

GCentral
Message 6 of 6
(2,810 Views)