LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create 32 bit applications on a 64 bit machine

Solved!
Go to solution

My current Test Stations are 32 bit computers running XP. I would like to update my development computer to a 64 bit. If I install Labview 2012 32bit on the 64 bit computer will applications created in the app builder be able to run on 32 bit computers?

Andrew Alford
Production Test Engineering Technologist
Sustainable Energy Technologies
www.sustainableenergy.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,381 Views)
Solution
Accepted by AndrewAlford

LabVIEW bitness, not the operating system, determines the application bitness . So - yes, you can create 32bit applications on 64bit system with LabVIEW 32bit.

Message 2 of 3
(2,378 Views)

@AndrewAlford wrote:

My current Test Stations are 32 bit computers running XP. I would like to update my development computer to a 64 bit. If I install Labview 2012 32bit on the 64 bit computer will applications created in the app builder be able to run on 32 bit computers?

I do this right now.  Have Windows 7 64-bit.  But I'm using LabVIEW 32-bit, so the builds create 32-bit executables.  If I used the 64-bit version of LabVIEW, then I would get 64-bit executables.  You can't run anything 64-bit on a 32-bit OS.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,372 Views)