From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to check a file is add in the build file?

Is it possible to check a file is add in the build file? For example ../APP.exe/Main.vi. I need a subVI that allows the same action of "Check File", but with the .EXE file build. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,902 Views)

There is, but why?  Are you trying to ensure that a VI is added that you are opening by a reference to by path?  Because if you are you should be using a static VI reference.  Here is an old example.  Then it doens't matter where the VI is just that it is in memory.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/building-an-executable-with-vits-with-Labview-2011/m-p/2384984#M7404...

Now if you really do want to know if a VI is in the EXE you can try to open a reference at that path and if it throws an error it isn't there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,888 Views)

If it is that important, use the Always Include on the executable build spec.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,846 Views)

OK thank you very much. I have different subvi, which are inserted in subpanel. For some subVI have a file menu .rtm. My intention is to add the menus build and check for a partner for that file menu, for this, I have the same name subvi and menu. Therefore, wanted to know if Is it possible to check a file is add in the build file? the answer is NO. but there is any alternative to this?.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,819 Views)

This sounds like you are trying to make a plugin architecture.  You might want to look into using Packed Project Libraries.  Then you can just check to see if that PPL exists where is should be and throw an error if is doesn't.  This would also allow you to add more plugins simply by copying the PPL to the right location without rebuilding your entire application.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,783 Views)