LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to buy "cheap" DAQ equipment for personal use?

I would love to purchase one, or more, of the 516 cards of you still have them. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(1,353 Views)

FYI about the original post... (I know it's an old post.)

Don't develop stuff on your work computer with work tools (like their copy of LabVIEW, for instance).  While it isn't illegal per se, every agreement you sign with  company is bound to have an IP clause in it that states that anything you develop using their tools or ideas becomes their property.  In addition, there are usually penalties involved that range from a reprimand all the way to legal actions.  Often these conditions extend beyond the end date of the agreement itself.  (Any part that "survives" the agreement is such a condition.)

And if you are going to do it anyway, for gosh sakes, don't blab about it in an open forum!!!  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(1,338 Views)

Well since this thread has risen from the grave and will always come up if someone were to search for cheap DAQ we might as well mention the Arduino.

For $35 (or less)  you can get an Arduino Uno

• 14 Digital I/O Pins (6 PWM outputs)
  • 6 Analog Inputs
  • I2C
  • SPI

Free LabView toolkit LINX - LVH

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(1,318 Views)

One minor note about LabView and Arduino: If your application involves controlling servos, the LINX package doesn't (yet) support that. You'll instead need a copy of the older (and no longer being updated) LIFA package.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(1,296 Views)

@MikeL3558 wrote:

I would love to purchase one, or more, of the 516 cards of you still have them. Thank you!

Well then you must read and replay to the PM I have sent you

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(1,247 Views)

My apologies for the lag. My email is :  <email address removed>

Could you please let me know how to proceed off-forum.

Thank you!

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(1,237 Views)

You really should not post your email out in the public like this.  You are just asking for spammers to take advantage of you.  You should just respod the the private message that was sent to you (there is a reply button in there).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(1,233 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

You really should not post your email out in the public like this.  You are just asking for spammers to take advantage of you.  You should just respod the the private message that was sent to you (there is a reply button in there).

With only 3 posts the user probably doesn't even know that a click on your alias opens your profile page.  PM's are on the bottom of the left columnSmiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(1,201 Views)

I too wanted to do some home automation (smart control of a hot water recirc pump) but found low-cost options limited. I had started with SparkFun's Arduino/LabVIEW package but since LabVIEW didn't run on the Arduino (or any other hobby-level system that I found) and since I found programming the UI I thought I needed for the project tedious in the Arduino's programming language, that effort stalled after a while. The answer to my problem came in the form of a Crouzet Millinium III controller CD12 starter kit at $225. They don't do LabVIEW but are still fairly powerful and I/O rich while being inexpensive as these things go. I've used them at work with good success. The first one you get should be a starter kit with the USB programming interface and program-library CD. As you find more things to do with them, you can add other individual units later. You can even download their software from their web site and create a program with it and run it in a virtual environment without the hardware.  It looks like there is now a new line of products, the EM4, that supports Ethernet, 2G & 3G interfaces.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(1,199 Views)

@MikeL3558 wrote:

My apologies for the lag. My email is :  <email address removed>

Could you please let me know how to proceed off-forum.

Thank you!

Mike

Please Mike use the PM system. You have sent me PMs so you should know how. Amyway if you have changed E-mail since last time you can read PMs from here. Use this link @MikeL3558 (then logged in) and scroll down until you see the PM section

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(1,166 Views)