From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone interested in a VI library for the 1-Wire TMEX API ?

After scouring the interwebz and this forum and finding no real solution, I'm am building a library of VIs to interface with a 1-Wire network.  I have several of the pieces built and tested to the point where I can search a network and retrieve the serial number (ROM code) for all devices attached.  Before I go much further, I would like to get some comments, advice, hints, and general feedback about the VIs as they are and how to move forward with this project.  Is there still any interest in this?

This code is for a (likely) one time project and may never be used again.  However, if it can be done correctly and may be of use to anyone else in the future, I would prefer to put in the effort rather than just hack something together.

One of my primary concerns regarding the code, besides general architecture, is the handling of errors and some situations which are not actually errors.  This has always been a thorn in my side when building programs in LabVIEW.

This project is targeted for use with the DS9490 USB adapter and is written in LabVIEW 8.0.  If anyone has any interest, I'd be glad to here from you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,545 Views)

We are runing LV2015/Win 7 Pro 64  but would like to try your VI Lib.

It looks like what we need.

Not sure what the setup is and what dependances are to get in running.

John Z.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,329 Views)
I have added to this and changed a bunch since I posted this. It's been a while so my memory is vague on details. If you want, I can review my library and upload it with some comments. It might be a day or three...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,316 Views)

That would be very nice.

Thanks...

John Z.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,311 Views)

Here are the VIs as used in my last project.  I really don't have time to document this mess but, if you want to use it, feel free.

Message 5 of 12
(4,242 Views)

Thanks I will look at them.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,232 Views)

Hi all,

There is a Tools Network solution in widespread use here: 

https://www.interfaceinnovations.org/onewireproducts.html

I would suggest downloading the packages from the site, as they are more frequently updated than the Tools Network. 

It's quite easy to use with many examples, and supports many devices. If you value your time, it will easily be worth it for you. Give it a trial and see if you agree. 

Kind regards,
Colin

PhD ChemE, CLD, Alliance Partner : www.interfaceinnovations.org
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,109 Views)

Hi,

I are very interested in this VI library. But I have a problem for communicating with 1-wire adapter DS9490R。The NI Max can't find the device. So would you please tell me how to configer the PC so that I can control this USB adapter. Thanks very much in advance.

BR,

Liu Yong

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,019 Views)

Hi. 

You do not find it in NI Max. You install the 1Wire Drivers from Dallas/Maxim and use them to locate your device and set it to default. You can then test it using the Java app that comes with the package.

Regards,

Colin

PhD ChemE, CLD, Alliance Partner : www.interfaceinnovations.org
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,015 Views)

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your reply. I know the method you said and It is ok in my PC. But now I use labview to control this adapter so I need Max to find it.

BR,

Liu Yong

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,011 Views)