LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There a way to programmatically extract global virtual channel info from max?

I have a group of DAQmx virtual global channels setup in MAX and I would like to be able to programmatically extract the physical channel information to be included with the data file. In the past I have been able to use traditional NI-DAQ channel utility vi's to accomplish this, but they only see traditional NI-DAQ virtual channels and not DAQmx virtual channels. Is there a group of vi's for extracting DAQmx virtual channel information? I'm using Labview 7.1 with a Windows XP OS.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,169 Views)

You should be able to use the channel property node, and wire the global channel constant to it.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,164 Views)

Also the niDAQmx system property node should return an array of all global Channels (as well as other system info)

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,165 Views)
Thanks- That's exactly what I was looking for.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,155 Views)

Paul,

I can access basic properties using the approach you described, but do you know how to get the units from the global virtual channel?  Say I had a general appliance for reading in load cells, and I wanted to have the axis labels in a graph show the units of whatever load cell had been selected.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,655 Views)

Since this was posted on an older forum post, it will not be visited as frequently. If you repost this on a new forum thread you will get a better response from the community. 

Becca B.
Product Marketing
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,630 Views)

This is kludgy, but it works for AI channels.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 7 of 8
(2,593 Views)

That's awesome.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,568 Views)