LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MAX a run-time engine for labview executables? Questions about MAX and LabVIEW

DAQmx is the driver and LabVIEW calls the driver. MAX is a configuration utility for NI hardware. You can use it to create and store DAQmx tasks - number of channels, sample rate, scales, etc. This is optional. You can do the same exact thing in LabVIEW as already mentioned. I never use the assistant but I don't believe you can pass in an external task to it. With the low level functions, you can pass on the task name and use it as is or modify it.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(400 Views)

Currently-  Devices and IVI Driver sessions can only be managed within MAX on the development machine.  So if you are assigning non-default Aliases for DAQmx or VISA or IVI session you are going to need to use MAX  (The System API could also do this but depends on the MAX database and uses MAX itself as I understand it.  It does require MAX to be installed )

On the Production machine you can restrict MAX accessability through user group policy  to prevent muking and still permit technical staff some rights to view but not save.   Clear so far?

DAQmx Channels, Tasks, Scales.  can be:

• Created at run time
  • Created and saved to MAX itself and used at runtime.  They live in "xml hell" way over in NILand and DAQmx knows to go peek over there.  Nothing prevents users with access rights from mukking around those files but, if anyone ever reverse engineers the format they can muk up everything so lock it down and don't mention it to users 
  • Created and saved in the LabVIEW Project (They acually live as lines of text in the xml file with the lvproj extension) and used at runtime in a built exe.   IF you select the check box option to "Include My Computer Hardware Configuration" on the Advanced page of the exe build properties, a file called "NI-DAQmx.ini" is part of the build output and DAQmx knows to look in there first when called from that application.  Nothing prevents a user with proper access to edit this file- don't give it to them or get tricky (I've seen some installs that simply overwrite this file on launch from a location known only to the developer, possibly even hard coded as a string constant within the app)  The down side is MAX won't look there so tech staff can't test using the same Task, ch scales from MAX

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(393 Views)

how to make my vi as executable  file for run time engine can you give some example procedure.

thanks in advance

Anil Thapa

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(294 Views)