LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Labview 2012 run-time on TPC-2206?

When I go to Uninstall programs on my TPC-2206 I see Labview Run-Time 2009, 2010 and 2011. Labview 2012 Run-Time does not show up in the list. When I download and install it, I still only see the above plus a generic National Instruments program. The new TPC-2206 touch panels we have show a generic National Instruments program in the program list, but I don't know how to find out if that is Labview 2012 Run-Time. I can't find anywhere on the NI website that lists what Run-Time software is already loaded on the Touch Panels.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,237 Views)

Hi OpTech,

Have you tried running a LabVIEW 2012 executable?  Have you restarted the TPC since you installed?  When you installed, did you disable the Enhanced Write Filter?  The Enhanced Write Filter must be disabled in order to install new software.  Learn more here: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13317/en

Regards,

Dayna P.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,206 Views)

I did try running a Labview 2012 executable after I had put up the post. It did not work, so I knew that Labview 2012 Run-Time was not on it. I put Labview 2012 Run-Time on it, but afterwards when I looked in the Remove/Change programs list in the Control Panel, Labview 2012 Run-Time was not in the list of installed programs. There was a generic National Instruments program, but there was nothing identifying what NI program it was. This was the real problem, because all of the earlier versions of Labview Run-Time were clearly identified in the installed programs list and Labview 2012 Run-Time was not. There is no way to know if Labview 2012 Run-Time is installed except to try to run a Labview 2012 executable.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,189 Views)

Hi OpTech,

Do you have Measurement and Automation Explorer on your TPC?  There is a Software tab in the System tree that will list all the software on the TPC.  This is the standard way to look to see what software is installed.  

Have you tried running a LabVIEW 2012 executable since installing LabVIEW 2012 Run-time Engine?

Have a Happy New Year!

Dayna P.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,162 Views)