cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoke node wiring "weird" error

Solved!
Go to solution

Ben,

Standby as there is a huge time difference between us. I will continue to post tomorrow as that is when I will hear back from him.

Thanks!
   TheLT

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(619 Views)

To update all, I think there is an issue with the DLL to which I am trying to get the correct version, but it's not on their website and I just updated to their most current software.

I will update accordingly.

Thanks!

TheLT

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(594 Views)

I've seen issues where invoke nodes and property nodes behave this way in ActiveX and .NET applications where the versions of type libraries between developers differ. I'm assuming that getting the new version of the DLL will solve your problem. If not, another thing you can try is dropping a brand new invoke node from Quick Drop/the palettes, wiring to that, and selecting the method again.

Message 13 of 18
(585 Views)

Greetings everybody and sorry for the delay.

I do have a new DLL from the manufacturer but I have another issue that may be related to their DLL again. Sure I can post my code and describe my problem, but how can I post the DLL? These forums didn't like the extension.

Thanks!
    Jesse

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(566 Views)

POst a "zip" of code plus dll.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 15 of 18
(562 Views)

Ben,

Duh! Sorry my brain is shot. Between this project I am working on and a LabVIEW course I am taking, I am OD'ing on LabVIEW Smiley Very Happy

Attached is the zip file. It contains the DLL, the file I am trying to code with the Diolan (i2c-master-configure.vi), the data sheet for the magnetometer I am working with, and the other VI that I wrote to work with the magnetometer via the NI USB-8451 (Working Magnetometer.vi).

Apologies if my code is not right on the Diolan - I'm trying to program it similar to the one I have working, but I get an error code of 1172 - "Error calling method Dln.I2cMaster.Port.Write, (System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    Inner Exception: Dln.Exceptions.DlnError: DLN adapter returns error: InvalidAddress.) <append><b>Dln.Exceptions.DlnError</b> in i2c-master-configure.vi"

I am by no means an expert at LabVIEW, but I am getting better day by day.

My code is in 2012. Let me know if you need a previous version.

Thanks!

TheLT

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(558 Views)

The game being these forums.

If you don't get a reply in a day or so, try starting a new thread. We loose interest fast and since you have a new question a new thread is actually appropriate.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 17 of 18
(551 Views)

Ben I was actually thinking that - but I didn't know if it was appropriate to start a new thread since I wasn't still too sure if it was a DLL issue.

Nonetheless - I'll close this issue and reopen a new one.

Thanks!

TheLT

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(547 Views)