cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoke node wiring "weird" error

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings NI community,

I know I have posted a lot about going from I2C to USB communications, and right now I am currently programming another controller in addition to the USB 8451, namely the Diolan DLN-2 - http://www.diolan.com/products/dln2.html.

Now basically I'm trying to assemble my LabVIEW code that I've written before to work with Diolan, and Diolan has been of tremendous help - same level as NI!

But I was trying to run this code (attached), but I get an unwired or bad terminal error at both invoke nodes (read and write - 2 errors - 1 for each) - but there's nothing to wire to/from, and the Diolan Engineer assisting me - his works fine (screeshot attached). It's the same exact code, I just cleaned mine up a bit, but didn't make any changes.

Is there something I have to enable on my end for my code to run?

Thanks!

TheLT

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(2,784 Views)

@TheLT wrote:

Greetings NI community,

I know I have posted a lot about going from I2C to USB communications, and right now I am currently programming another controller in addition to the USB 8451, namely the Diolan DLN-2 - http://www.diolan.com/products/dln2.html.

Now basically I'm trying to assemble my LabVIEW code that I've written before to work with Diolan, and Diolan has been of tremendous help - same level as NI!

But I was trying to run this code (attached), but I get an unwired or bad terminal error at both invoke nodes (read and write - 2 errors - 1 for each) - but there's nothing to wire to/from, and the Diolan Engineer assisting me - his works fine (screeshot attached). It's the same exact code, I just cleaned mine up a bit, but didn't make any changes.

Is there something I have to enable on my end for my code to run?

Thanks!

TheLT

Can you show us the error messages please?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 18
(2,772 Views)

Hey Ben,

This is literally what my error screen says (see below dashed line), and when I click on either one, they just send me to the "Write" and "Read" nodes in the block diagram.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

TheLT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Block Diagram Errors

Invoke Node: Contains unwired or bad terminal

Invoke Node: Contains unwired or bad terminal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(2,766 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TheLT

without the DLL its hard to say but, Im thinking the arrays need to be allocated to the correct size (initialize array)

Which nodes are thowing errors

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 18
(2,759 Views)

Well I agree that is weird.

Since your wire feeding the "data" input of the Write has a coercion dot but the Read does not, try triple-clicking the wire between the array constant and the "read" to make sure it is connected where you think it is connected.

As to teh "write"...

Try creating an indicator for the data output just for giggles.

grasping at straws,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 18
(2,757 Views)

Hey Jeff,

When I click on the errors, it just highlights the nodes that have the read and write labels.

This may be a dumb question, but I did try and attach the DLL, but the forums didn't like that. Any appropriate method to save and upload?

Thanks!
    TheLT

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(2,756 Views)

Ben,

Ok, tried the indicator for the "write" - no change in the errors. Still the same.

Also, the array constant is hooked into "size" in my code, not too sure why it's called "data" on the screenshot as he said he sent me the same code.

This is getting strange!

Thanks!

TheLT

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(2,754 Views)

@TheLT wrote:

Ben,

Ok, tried the indicator for the "write" - no change in the errors. Still the same.

Also, the array constant is hooked into "size" in my code, not too sure why it's called "data" on the screenshot as he said he sent me the same code.

This is getting strange!

Thanks!

TheLT

Please post screen shots of both yours and his so we can get it straight what is what. More guessing on my part will only be an exercise in futility.

Ben

Message 8 of 18
(2,751 Views)

Ben,

Ok, to clarify (no offense). first attachment is mine (called Mine.png Smiley LOL), and the other is from Diolan (i2c_master-read_write).

TheLT

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(2,748 Views)

The

Have you attempted to fix the "p0" on the "get Items" method?

Can you get him to e-mail a copy of his code?

Ben

Message 10 of 18
(2,739 Views)