LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoke node unfonctionnal after compiling

Hello,

I'm currently trying to use an invoke node (I'm not using an english LabVIEW so I don't know if the words are exactly the same translated) : Obtain VI / Editor Version

When I'm using it in my .VI my project work perfectly, but when I'm trying to test the program with the .exe It doesn't work when I want to get old VIs version.

Are there some dependencies issues ?

Thanks for your help !

BR, 

Mathieu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,076 Views)

Are you using a Current VI's Path Constant somewhere in your block diagram?

From your description it sounds like the only difference is if or not it is an EXE compared to development so my feeling is must be related to how LabVIEW handles file paths for each:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FD7DE8BC8FFC256C862565F4006BE363

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,062 Views)

Hey Don_Philips !

Thanks for your answer,

I'm not using a Current VI's Path :

Here is my -short- program, I'm using an invoke node to get text from the clipboard and use is as a path

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,060 Views)

Right... but you know the path changes depending on if or not it is a built application yes?

If you originally have C:\Application.vi and then build it into an EXE it would then be C:\MyApplication.exe\Application.vi.

Although looking at your code I would think that if this was the case you would see an error...

Hmm

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,045 Views)

Yes I know ! My program give brut path from all existing VI's with a right click on a VI : It launch the program and give the path copied

another info :

The .exe work with VI in version 12.0 (my current projet is in 12.0) but doesn't work for older VIs

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,039 Views)