From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invisible Tab Page Causes Controls to not Work Properly

This may sound like an obvious "Don't do that", but it was not easy to diagnose when it was accidentally implemented. If you make a Tab control page invisible and later programmatically switch to that page, it will become visible, but the controls on the page will not function correctly. No error is generated. Example attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,247 Views)

I see the same behaviour with LabVIEW 2016.

Same with LV2015 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,218 Views)

Good to know... Quite interesting - is it some kind of LabVIEW bug?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,210 Views)

I don't think it is a bug, per se.  Just a "don't do that" has the OP had set.

You may have changed to that page and it "showed" it,  but technically you never made it visible.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,198 Views)

@kosist90 wrote:

yeah, probably CAR 603092 install the f1 patch then let us know if it gets better.

the f2 patch is newly available too.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,197 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@kosist90 wrote:

yeah, probably CAR 603092 install the f1 patch then let us know if it gets better.

the f2 patch is newly available too.

LabVIEW f1 patch did not solve the issue. I did not find f2 patch, only for LV x64. Is there f2 for 32 bit LV 2016 to try?

edit: found it: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-development-system-2016/6543/en/

Testing...

Edit2:

f2 patch, same result, same behaviour. Anyway, this is a kind of corner case. And another reason why using a SubPanel instead of a TAB control is just a better way to program...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,185 Views)

Jeff,

Your link points to an NI Test stand patch.  And I can't find that CAR# anywhere.

I have LV 16f2 installed.  The behavior is just as originally described.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,170 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Jeff,

Your link points to an NI Test stand patch.  And I can't find that CAR# anywhere.

I have LV 16f2 installed.  The behavior is just as originally described.

You were faster than my Edit2 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,166 Views)

Here's the correct link to the CAR http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53294/en/.

After rearranging the tabs in a tab control, LabVIEW has the potential to crash when running or saving that VI.

This isn't the same thing. LabVIEW doesn't crash. I've done some more testing and found the same behavior in LV2013

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,163 Views)

If this is only a programming error, I would expect LabVIEW to not open the tab and return an error. Making the tab visible, but not fully functional seems like a bug. In my example you can type directly into the numeric control and the value change is captured, but the increment/decrement buttons on the numeric control are non-functional.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,135 Views)