LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inverting a plotting signal

I am plotting a signal on Waveform Chart, and I have the Y-axis scale minimum of -5 and maximum of +5, but inverted.  In other words, I have -5 above the 0 axis, and +5 below the 0 axis.  I want to also invert whatever signal that is plotting on that waveform chart, such that positve amplitude of the signal is actually plotting below the 0-axis. 

My question is how do I invert the plotting signal.  Is there a specific function in LabView that I can use to invert the signal right before being plotted on the Waveform chart?

I would appreciate any suggestion.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,423 Views)

Hi, Tebefia,

There is a checkbox of invert in the scale property of the waveform graph.

Does it relate to your question?

20141205001.JPG

Message 2 of 5
(3,403 Views)

Hi Tebefia,

- you can invert the Y scale as you already did by setting the max value as range.start and min value as range.end…

- you can use the checkmark as already told

- you can use the simple, but effective Negate function

- you could swap the wires on your DAQ AI input…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,393 Views)

William1225, thanks a lot for your response.  I had that your suggestion done already as I stated in my posted question.

GerdW, thanks to you too and explicit answer.  You did provide the answer to my question.  Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,365 Views)

@Tebefia wrote:

William1225, thanks a lot for your response.  I had that your suggestion done already as I stated in my posted question.

GerdW, thanks to you too and explicit answer.  You did provide the answer to my question.  Much appreciated.

You can show your appreciation by marking his answer as the solution.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,340 Views)