LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inverse of Index & Bundle Cluster Array

This is a pretty quick one and I'm sure there is probably just something that I have overlooked as it seems pretty obvious to have to me, but you can never quite be sure with NI.

I have been working with arrays of clusters for a while to store information about a number of different sensor instances and have been using Index and Bundle Cluster Array with reasonable success, but what I am really looking for is a method to do the oppposite?

TLDR:

Index & Bundle.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,097 Views)

Well its good to know I'm not the only person who thinks that they need something like this.

I shall just Kudo all of the existing posts and wait, in the mean time I shall do it the old fashioned way.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,006 Views)

For completeness here is another Unindex and Unbundle XNode.  This version has several other useful functions, but does have added dependencies.  Oh and the support thread said that using this function on type defs may increase an application builder time.

https://lavag.org/files/file/58-array-function-xnodes/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,966 Views)

luciangrec_0-1665739485704.png

As long as you have equally-sized data types this works. You can probably add an array of bools as well but you'd need some fancier decimation o and I'm not sure how you'd do that without a loop. You could also add padding to your boolean array to get it to the size of a DBL.

luciangrec_1-1665740446672.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,509 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

For completeness here is another Unindex and Unbundle XNode.  This version has several other useful functions, but does have added dependencies.  Oh and the support thread said that using this function on type defs may increase an application builder time.

https://lavag.org/files/file/58-array-function-xnodes/

Mine is prettier.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,450 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Mine is prettier.

That version was posted in 2009.  My reply was in 2016, but I can't say if your version existed before then or not.  Where is your version available?  I know I've seen several of your posts, and I saw you post a bunch but I can't remember where that one is.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,444 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Mine is prettier.

That version was posted in 2009.  My reply was in 2016, but I can't say if your version existed before then or not.  Where is your version available?  I know I've seen several of your posts, and I saw you post a bunch but I can't remember where that one is.

I don't remember where I posted it either.  But it's one of the XNodes in the attachment.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,422 Views)