From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intrument I/O Assistant not recognizing PXI-4351

Hi,

I two PXI-4351 temperature/voltage modules and cannot get the I/O assistant to recognize them under "Select and instrument". All I see is the two ports on my controller "COM1", "LPT1" (PXIe-8105), but not the 4351 instruments. When I open MAX, I know they are working because I get correct results on the test panels under the Traditional NI-DAQ tab. I also have the NI-435x 2.5.2 driver installed.

I don't know if this is related to the problem but when I am in MAX>Devices and Interfaces>NI PXIe-1062(my chassis)>6: NI 4351 for PXI, then I click on "NI-DAQ Configuration" then MAX crashes instantly.

Also, I'm running Wondows 7.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,938 Views)
The Instrument Assistant is not supposed to work. You have an old and obsolete traditional daq device. What version of the driver do you have installed?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,928 Views)

Thanks for the reply Denis,

What part is obsolete, the module? controller? Why would a working NI device be obsolete? I installed a device drivers update from feb-13. I have NI-435x 2.5.2,  VISA 14.0.1, as well as Traditional DAQ 7.4.4. I am also running LabVIEW 2013

Is it possible to get this device working at all? How?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,912 Views)

@youngj6 wrote:

Thanks for the reply Denis,

What part is obsolete, the module? controller? Why would a working NI device be obsolete? I installed a device drivers update from feb-13. I have NI-435x 2.5.2,  VISA 14.0.1, as well as Traditional DAQ 7.4.4. I am also running LabVIEW 2013

Is it possible to get this device working at all? How?

Feb 2013 Device Drivers would not have support for LabVIEW 2013 at ALL find at leats the Aug 2013 DD DVD since that was when LabVIEW 2013 released.

And a "Working Device" becomes obsolete when the latest Device Drivers drops support for it and it can no longer be used in a modern system

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,906 Views)
All are obsolete. The traditional daq driver was made obsolete when DAQmx was released with LabVIEW 7. The last release is 7.5 and it is the only one compatible with Windows 7 and for 32-bit only. Hardware becomes obsolete all of the time. Does your pc have ISA slots? Does it even have PCI slots?

The instrument assistant is not intended for any sort of daq device. You must use the functions in the driver which are based on traditional daq. VISA is irrelevant.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,903 Views)

Ok, I understand now.

Is the device still usable through programming with the palettes? or is there no chance of getting data from the modules from what you know?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,895 Views)

@youngj6 wrote:

Ok, I understand now.

Is the device still usable through programming with the palettes? or is there no chance of getting data from the modules from what you know?

Of course you can get data from it.

with a supported OS like Windows NT, a compatable Development enviornment like LabVIEW 7.1, and traditional DAQ.  It would be a bear to maintain though.  Much more cost effective to upgrade hardware!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,885 Views)