LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Shift+Tab option to my GUI

In my Main VI Tab event is working fine, but i want to implement Shift+Tab also for reverse function of Tab. Please provide the solution

Download All
Message 1 of 2
(2,424 Views)

Posting a VI that runs when opened on the forum is bad practice.

Even worst is posting a VI that exits LabVIEW when it closes.  Many people here have multiple projects open at a time and having a VI close all of LabVIEW can be very disruptive to work flow.

• Do not set your VI to "Run when Opened" unless that is necessary to demonstrate the problem.  WARN us in your post if this attachment will run when opened.
  • Warn us first in your post if the code will not exit normally when run.  Users may have their own projects open and be working on it.  When your VI crashes LabVIEW a warning will help remind us to save our code before helping you with your problem.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-40451

This is a warning to others that Test_Main.vi is saved in 2014 and is set to run when open, and to exit LabVIEW when pressing Exit.

Beyond that what'd I'd suggest doing is capturing the Key Down? event on the VI.  With it you can see if Shift and Tab were pressed, and if they were then set keyfocus to the control you want, based on the control that currently has key focus.  It is a bit of a pain but I've never had to implement it for more than a table, or an array of controls.

Message 2 of 2
(2,379 Views)