LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intergrating putty with labview

Hi Guys,

Sorry I'm new.

But, i've tried searching an answer for this but can't find one in the forums.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

thanks

Message 1 of 7
(4,178 Views)
Most people would use the built-in serial functions. Why use putty?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,177 Views)

Commands have been made originally from putty, so was just thinking of interfacing it through labview.

would this be easier?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,167 Views)
The same commands you send with putty can be sent with VISA. You would just have to write the code to append the termination character.
Message 4 of 7
(4,156 Views)

It quite depends why you would want to use putty. If it is just for interfacing to a serial device then by all means use the VISA functions in LabVIEW instead. Integrating an external program interactively into another application is quite an involved process and in the case of putty made more complicated since it only exists as independent executable.

If you need the SSH or Rlogin featuers of putty then that's another story but please let us first know what you really try to do with putty here.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 5 of 7
(4,153 Views)

Hi prash4,

Can you operate Putty using command line?

If yes,you can use systemexec function and go ahead.

If not,you need to think on VISA or other way like tcp\ip vis.

Regards,

SrikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,123 Views)

We have developed a package on the LabVIEW Tools Network to automate serial port interactions. You can use it to replicate what you manually do using Putty in LabVIEW for serial devices such as logining in, entering commands, waiting for a response and returning it. You can find out more about it and download a 30-day free trial at: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/214248

Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,630 Views)