LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing an Arduino MEGA 2560 with LabVIEW

Hello everyone,

I hope that I am posting this in the correct forum and if not, then please move it to the appropriate one. The project that I am working on is to construct a circuit that is made of the following parts:

Five IRF9540 p-type MOSFETs (represented by M1, 3, 5, 7, 9 in the circuit diagram)

Five IRF510 n-type MOSFETs (represented by M2, 4, 6, 8, 10 in the circuit diagram)

Five D1N4006 diodes

Five 1k Ω resistors

Five 280 Ω resistors

R591763400 (RF switch from Radiall)

The RF switch is represented by L1, L2, L3, L4, and L5, which correspond to the following pins on this switch respectively: 1, 2, 4, 5, and R (which resets the switch).

This circuit will receive a 5 volts output from an Arduino MEGA 2560 (which is represented by the V2 function generator in this circuit as you can see from the provided attachment), and what I need to do is to have LabVIEW communicate with the Arduino by sending instructions to the Arduino so that it outputs 5 volts to pins 1, 2, 4, 5, and R whenever needed by the person controlling this interface. I already have LabVIEW 2009 installed on my computer, along with LabVIEW Interface for Arduino (LIFA) v2.2.0.79 which I obtained via VI Package Manager.

I’ve been going through a lot of tutorials about interfacing LabVIEW with the Arduino, but I cannot find what I am looking for exactly, which I think that it should be some sort of a code that will enable me to achieve this communication between LabVIEW and the Arduino if I am correct. Also please keep in mind that I am not good at programming at all, so detailed instructions would be extremely helpful here. I hope that I explained everything clearly and if you have any questions then please ask; thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,582 Views)

Hello Anro,

There is an Arduino Community at NI.  

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-interface-for-arduino?view=discussions&start=0

I am a member of this community, but I haven't got myself an Arduino yet, so I don't have a definitive answer for you.  But repost your message on the community and I guessing someone will know. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,565 Views)

Will do; thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,557 Views)