From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing an Arduino MEGA 2560 with LabVIEW

Hello everyone,

I hope that I am posting this in the correct forum and if not, then please move it to the appropriate one. The project that I am working on is to construct a circuit that is made of the following parts:

Five IRF9540 p-type MOSFETs (represented by M1, 3, 5, 7, 9 in the circuit diagram)

Five IRF510 n-type MOSFETs (represented by M2, 4, 6, 8, 10 in the circuit diagram)

Five D1N4006 diodes

Five 1k Ω resistors

Five 280 Ω resistors

R591763400 (RF switch from Radiall)

The RF switch is represented by L1, L2, L3, L4, and L5, which correspond to the following pins on this switch respectively: 1, 2, 4, 5, and R (which resets the switch).

This circuit will receive a 5 volts output from an Arduino MEGA 2560 (which is represented by the V2 function generator in this circuit as you can see from the provided attachment), and what I need to do is to have LabVIEW communicate with the Arduino by sending instructions to the Arduino so that it outputs 5 volts to pins 1, 2, 4, 5, and R whenever needed by the person controlling this interface. I already have LabVIEW 2009 installed on my computer, along with LabVIEW Interface for Arduino (LIFA) v2.2.0.79 which I obtained via VI Package Manager.

I’ve been going through a lot of tutorials about interfacing LabVIEW with the Arduino, but I cannot find what I am looking for exactly, which I think that it should be some sort of a code that will enable me to achieve this communication between LabVIEW and the Arduino if I am correct. Also please keep in mind that I am not good at programming at all, so detailed instructions would be extremely helpful here. I hope that I explained everything clearly and if you have any questions then please ask; thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,597 Views)

Hello Anro,

There is an Arduino Community at NI.  

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-interface-for-arduino?view=discussions&start=0

I am a member of this community, but I haven't got myself an Arduino yet, so I don't have a definitive answer for you.  But repost your message on the community and I guessing someone will know. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,580 Views)

Will do; thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,572 Views)