LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing a bicycle generator with Labview

Hello

I want to let a subject get on the bike and as soon as they move the pedals, the dc generated voltage is displayed on a front panel gauge. Then I want to run a very short test/trial. I have  an op amp circuit shaping the voltage from 0-12vdc generator output to 0 to -10 volts from my inverting amp to Labview.

I have a bike computer pickup/ magnet on the rear wheel. I just cut off the main computer. I juice up the pick up and every time the magnet passes, the voltage drops from 3 to 0Vdc.

See image of setup.

I want to run a timed trial (timed for say 3-5 minutes - it is hard to push against generator so short trial duration). When the timer is running I will utilise the magnetic pickup on the rear wheel to count revolutions. I want to keep the voltage output running to the gauge on the front panel. The table display with 6 lightbulbs represents 50W, 75W, 100W, 125W, 150W and 175 W respectively. The op amp circuit and table are bang on.

So I am doing this to create a user interface for the public who may visit our labs here at the university. Make it a little more meaningful to them.

Once I get the volts and revolutions displayed and input to the back panel, I can calculate distance in meters, calories per watt (based on subject data on front panel), watts out, joules, etc....

I want to try and redesign my program using the state machine architecture or maybe an event structure??

I was thinking my default state (I think state machine would work) could be volts generated by user and displayed on gauge. Then state 2 is has Start trial button been pushed (while continiuing to display volts generated the whole time).

This is not a complicated program, but I can get lost and make redundant code if I do this on my own.

I attached pics of my setup. I attached a pic of my front panel of the program I started.

I do not want to use it, just showing for reference.

My DAQ card is the Ni USB 6229.

Thanking anyone in advance.

NK

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,148 Views)

Sorry here is my front panel jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,137 Views)

Please stick to your original post. This will let people know what has already been discussed. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,127 Views)