From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing a bicycle generator with Labview

Hello

I want to let a subject get on the bike and as soon as they move the pedals, the dc generated voltage is displayed on a front panel gauge. Then I want to run a very short test/trial. I have  an op amp circuit shaping the voltage from 0-12vdc generator output to 0 to -10 volts from my inverting amp to Labview.

I have a bike computer pickup/ magnet on the rear wheel. I just cut off the main computer. I juice up the pick up and every time the magnet passes, the voltage drops from 3 to 0Vdc.

See image of setup.

I want to run a timed trial (timed for say 3-5 minutes - it is hard to push against generator so short trial duration). When the timer is running I will utilise the magnetic pickup on the rear wheel to count revolutions. I want to keep the voltage output running to the gauge on the front panel. The table display with 6 lightbulbs represents 50W, 75W, 100W, 125W, 150W and 175 W respectively. The op amp circuit and table are bang on.

So I am doing this to create a user interface for the public who may visit our labs here at the university. Make it a little more meaningful to them.

Once I get the volts and revolutions displayed and input to the back panel, I can calculate distance in meters, calories per watt (based on subject data on front panel), watts out, joules, etc....

I want to try and redesign my program using the state machine architecture or maybe an event structure??

I was thinking my default state (I think state machine would work) could be volts generated by user and displayed on gauge. Then state 2 is has Start trial button been pushed (while continiuing to display volts generated the whole time).

This is not a complicated program, but I can get lost and make redundant code if I do this on my own.

I attached pics of my setup. I attached a pic of my front panel of the program I started.

I do not want to use it, just showing for reference.

My DAQ card is the Ni USB 6229.

Thanking anyone in advance.

NK

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,146 Views)

Sorry here is my front panel jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,135 Views)

Please stick to your original post. This will let people know what has already been discussed. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,125 Views)