LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing LabVIEW with PS-325 power supply

Hello guys, I have  a power  supply  from Stanford Research systems, PS-325. This power source  have  a comunication port with pc that requires a  KUSB-488B cable. I have installed  the  drivers necesary for this cable and  drivers  for  power    supply   from  NI site, but   doesn't work. I have  a dedicated  GUI  from Keithley with i have  tested  the cable and conection, and   all good but in LabVIEW  doesn't work. I have made   a simple   VI  to  set the voltage  to  power source and I'm getting   ERR (-10737807343). Can anyone  help me  with   this? maybe  somebody have a  VI  for  this  power  supply. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,906 Views)
It doesn't require a controller from Keithley. That's a choice that you or someone else made and not exactly a good choice. If Keithley provides its version of VISA, you need to install that but also NI-VISA as primary. The actual gpib driver must come from Keithley. You probably need to enable tulip support as well. The controller and instrument have to be listed in MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,882 Views)

Yes, you are   right, when  i bought this power  source, it came   with  this cable. So what  are   the  steps that   should i follow to try to make this   to work?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,868 Views)
I just gave the steps. Please be specific as to what drivers you already installed. You should also be checking Keithley's web site for instructions.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,861 Views)

I have installed    the  specific  driver  for   KUSB-488B from  Keithley site (last  version is   3.12). I am able to comunicate with the power source  from  Visa interactive  control. But in  LabVIEW i can't make it to work.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,852 Views)
Your image shows an IVI name control. Try the standard VISA Reference Name. And attach an image of MAX that shows the controller and the instrument. Provide the version of NI-VISA as well, please.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,824 Views)

It work's now, thank you, it was a  problem with the name of the port. 

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,818 Views)