LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interested in a LabView-Chat? (Datasocket)

@altenbach wrote:

@Celest1111 wrote:

Or can you please re-direct me to any place that discuss about simple LabView Chat??

What is the purpose of this execise? There are plenty of good chat programs available, so it seem silly to roll your own.

I can see a purpose as a learning tool, for example if you simply want to get more familiar with LabVIEW programming and network communications in general.

The LabVIEW help and NI.com resources are pretty good. So if you have a question abaout datasocket, You should be able to find plenty of resources. Where have you looked so far? Did you find something that needs more explanations?

Here's a LabVIEW 2010 version of my above code. Warning: it is a simple refacturing of the existing code and I have not tested it. It simply demonstrates how to eliminate all local variables, duplicate diagram constants and unneeded sequence structures, all without changing the functionality from the old original program posted on the top of the thread.

Really Appreciate for your help. It works perfectly in LV 2010!!

Yeap, you're right. I need it to integrate into my school LV project. Still in learning stage. Thanks for your patience guide and help. Have a Nice Day

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(926 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

What is the purpose of this execise? There are plenty of good chat programs available, so it seem silly to roll your own.

I can see a purpose as a learning tool, for example if you simply want to get more familiar with LabVIEW programming and network communications in general.

The LabVIEW help and NI.com resources are pretty good. So if you have a question abaout datasocket, You should be able to find plenty of resources. Where have you looked so far? Did you find something that needs more explanations?

Here's a LabVIEW 2010 version of my above code. Warning: it is a simple refacturing of the existing code and I have not tested it. It simply demonstrates how to eliminate all local variables, duplicate diagram constants and unneeded sequence structures, all without changing the functionality from the old original program posted on the top of the thread.

Sorry Althenbach,

I'm found a problem in this program when I use this program in two different Machine A and B.

When I start the conversation at Machine A first, I type "ABC" in Machine A. It successfully shown in Machine B. But when I reply "123" in Machine B. Machine A cant see the "123" message .

Vice versa, If I start the conversation at Machine B first, the message will succesfully shown in Machine A. But I use Machine A to reply. The message will not display on Machine B.

And I found that whoever started the conversation first, will have Read/Write Mode in 'DataSocket Server Diagnostic'. While another machine only have 'Read' mode.

Do you know what caused that problem?? Any solution on that please??

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(908 Views)

(Sorry, posting by phone)

I said I did not test, so most likely there are some bugs. Does the original code work or does it show the same problem?

Probably just needs some minor tweaks.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(896 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

(Sorry, posting by phone)

I said I did not test, so most likely there are some bugs. Does the original code work or does it show the same problem?

Probably just needs some minor tweaks.

The original code have the same problem too. I not sure is the program problem or my Labview setting problem (maybe I leftout some tweaking?). Because when I run it on same machine it works perfectly.

Is this the problem (picture below)?? Because the first machine who send out message will get the Read/Write Access mode and the message able to shown in another machine. Is there anyway to make multiple PC on (Read/Write) mode??

LV.jpg

I have read lots of information but I couldn't figure out the solution..

Hope you can guide me on that. Really appreciate.. Thanks altenbach. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(892 Views)

Looks like a permission issue. Check the "Datasocket Server Manager" settings.

By default, only the localhost can apparently write. (sorry, I am not familiar with all this).

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(874 Views)

@OnlyOne wrote:
Hello,
if someone needs a labview-chatprogramm then check the attached file.
I made some tests with the datasocket and here is the result.

Installatation:
- Take two computers connected overLAN
- Start the Datasocket-Server on one Computer
- Change  the IP-Adress in the config-TAB in both Computers
- Rename the "nicks" in the config-TAB in both Computers
- Give "write-access" to the second computer in tht datasocket-server-manager for the item

Any ideas how to set different colors in the history for each user?

I guess the problem is here... How to give "Write-access" to the second computer?? Can anyone please help me with that??? Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(864 Views)

Did you run the "datasocket server manager" program as I told you earlier?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(856 Views)
yup. i did run the " data socket manager" and try some setting in it. but still not working.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(838 Views)

What settings?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(829 Views)

I went to DataSocket Server Manager > Permission Groups > DefaultWriters > Add Host > put the client ip address..

I also tried another method too but still not working.

DataSocket Server Manager > Permission Groups > DefaultWriters > Change 'Localhost' to 'Everyhost'.

So did you try to run this LabChat program on different pc?? Is that working for you?

Thanks for your reply and help.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(824 Views)