LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interested in a LabView-Chat? (Datasocket)

Hello,
if someone needs a labview-chatprogramm then check the attached file.
I made some tests with the datasocket and here is the result.

Installatation:
- Take two computers connected overLAN
- Start the Datasocket-Server on one Computer
- Change  the IP-Adress in the config-TAB in both Computers
- Rename the "nicks" in the config-TAB in both Computers
- Give "write-access" to the second computer in tht datasocket-server-manager for the item

Any ideas how to set different colors in the history for each user?

Download All
Message 1 of 23
(5,002 Views)
Hello,

I've tried just now some formats and I only could somthing that it could solve your problem with an Listbox.

See the attached picture to understand my idea.
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
Message 2 of 23
(4,905 Views)
Thanks for the idea with the listbox.
I added it to my VI.

See attached file if someone is interested.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(4,882 Views)

Is that possible to re-use this program by changing to TCP/IP instead of DataSocket??

Hope you can help me out... Thank you. ><

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(4,225 Views)

Sorry, Im new to labview.

Can you please guide me on

1. How to Start the Datasocket-Server on one Computer??

2. Give "write-access" to the second computer in tht datasocket-server-manager for the item??

Your help is greatly appreaciate.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(4,218 Views)

@Celest1111 wrote:

Is that possible to re-use this program by changing to TCP/IP instead of DataSocket??

Datasocket IS over TCP/IP, so I am not sure what you are asking here. Yes, in modern LabVIEW versions you might want to use e.g. network shared variables, for example. Have you tried?

(In any case, the above program is 6 years old, and suffers from overuse of local variables and sequence structures. Here's a rearchitected version (LV2012, no change in functionality) that uses slightly cleaner code.)

Message 6 of 23
(4,194 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Celest1111 wrote:

Datasocket IS over TCP/IP, so I am not sure what you are asking here. Yes, in modern LabVIEW versions you might want to use e.g. network shared variables, for example. Have you tried?

(In any case, the above program is 6 years old, and suffers from overuse of local variables and sequence structures. Here's a rearchitected version (LV2012, no change in functionality) that uses slightly cleaner code.)

Thanks for reply my friend really appreciate that. But currently I'm using LabView 2010. Do you have any 2010 version?

Or can you please re-direct me to any place that discuss about simple LabView Chat??

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(4,181 Views)

I found tihs CHAT example based on LabVIew, in one of the russian (I think) forums (I can't remember where, it was long time ago). This may help litle bit. 

Message 8 of 23
(4,169 Views)

Ahh, found it. I got it from LabView Portal. The site seems english, but alot of its forum topics seems to be in russian. 

http://labviewportal.eu/en/downloads

Message 9 of 23
(4,166 Views)

@Celest1111 wrote:

Or can you please re-direct me to any place that discuss about simple LabView Chat??

What is the purpose of this execise? There are plenty of good chat programs available, so it seem silly to roll your own.

I can see a purpose as a learning tool, for example if you simply want to get more familiar with LabVIEW programming and network communications in general.

The LabVIEW help and NI.com resources are pretty good. So if you have a question abaout datasocket, You should be able to find plenty of resources. Where have you looked so far? Did you find something that needs more explanations?

Here's a LabVIEW 2010 version of my above code. Warning: it is a simple refacturing of the existing code and I have not tested it. It simply demonstrates how to eliminate all local variables, duplicate diagram constants and unneeded sequence structures, all without changing the functionality from the old original program posted on the top of the thread.

Message 10 of 23
(4,153 Views)