LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of labview with trace 32 lauterbach

Hi , 

I am trying to integrate trace32 lauterbach with labview. I am using labview 2011 . I have been provided by the VI and the .dll files from lauterbach. I extracted all the files and out them in the user libraries . So when in labview , I go to user libraries , I can see all the Vi under (Virtual instruments for labview) .That part works fine.

When I try opening any Vi , it gives me the laod and save warning box saying that the dll is expected to be at some path . When I put the .dll at that path , it gives me another warning suggesting a new path for .dll .

Please see the attached files for the information on my question.

I would appreciate if I can know where to put the .dll 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,115 Views)

Hello! 

What you're seeing isn't an erorr, it is simply a warning saying that the DLL isn't where LabVIEW expected it to be. Your program should still work alright once the DLL is located.

If you place it at the file path shown in the left-hand column and then open the VI, do still see the warning message?

Nathan Murphy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,079 Views)

Thanks for the reply !

I still see the warning . whever I place the .dll. The load and save always prompts to put it one folder up . Finally it lands up telling me to make a directory.

I don't know how far it is a good  practice,  but after all the trying , I put the .dll in all the possible locations that is mentioned in the "expected path" in the image and now it works. The only thing is that if I have to tell another user about this , they would probably ask why I keep multiple copies of the dll evrywhere. But it works for me.

Yes , you are right my program works . 

Well ,this fixed some of the application areas but it throwing an error for the rest. I will be posting it very soon . 

I am hoping you could get to it.

Appreciate the help !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,073 Views)

Glad you found something that worked. If you are having errors in your program, I suggest making a new thread with a more relevant title, typically including a short description and an error code if possible. 

Have a great weekend!

Nathan Murphy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,064 Views)