From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Express vi returning dt<=0 error

I am not trying to do anything too difficult here.  I have a 30 Hz sine wave.  10,000 Hz sampling rate, 32500 points.  I can see the waveform, no problem.  I first pass it through the scaled EU vi.  When I put it through the integration express vi I get the dt<=0 error.  There isn't anywhere to tell it the dt, other than the incoming time waveform, which appears to be fine.  What am I missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,437 Views)

Here is the code that is giving me the problem.  I have also included the time waveform I am feeding the eu and a_v_d vi's.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,434 Views)

Hello rwbrook, 

I tried simulating your process but could not replicate the error.  Would you mind posting a screenshot of the error message?

Thanks!

Patrick W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,374 Views)

thanks for the feedback.  I was able to get it working!  Now, the only problem I have is calculating the RMS overall from the integrated time waveform.  With 32500 points, the ringing is settled out after approx. 1 second.  That leaves 2.25 seconds of unadulterated time data to work with.  What I need to do is cut off the first 1 second of time data.  I will also chop the 32500 points of the tach signal as well so that the phase will work.  I have found a vi for zeroing out data at the end of the time block, but not the beginning.  Any ideas for getting that accomplished?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,364 Views)

Hi rwbrook,

If you need to work with only a portion of a dynamic data signal, you may want to use the Extract Portion of Signal Express VI.  

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,331 Views)

Hi rwbrook,

If you need to work with only a portion of a dynamic data signal, you may want to use the Extract Portion of Signal Express VI.  

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,331 Views)

Josh,

Thanks!  That sounds like it will work.  As soon as my IT department fixes my laptop, I'll give it a try.

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,322 Views)