LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating WINSPC from DQS

Does anyone have experience with integrating WINSPC statical process control from Data Quality Systems with labview?

The examples provided by the company do no help me. They say the API provided uses COM objects.  I have no experience using COM or .NET. My experience in programming has been only C Java and LabView.

Any help would be appreciated.

For Context WINSPC is a SPC system that runs over SQL. They strongly recommend not accessing the database directly.  This is the best information I have received so far from tech support.

WinSPC’s API is COM based.  In your programming environment, if you can add a COM (Component Object Model) reference, then you should be able to interact with the WinSPC API through that environment.  I don’t know that much about Labview, but if it can interface with COM objects, then you could use it to directly call the WinSPC API.  Otherwise, you might have a to create a ‘middle layer’ (a compiled .dll) that conforms to Labview’s interfacing requirements and also can interface with WinSPC through its COM API. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,575 Views)