H for home

N for enter number of steps

C for enter Clockwise or Counter

etc......

why would it some and not others?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(5,658 Views)

My guess would be that you probably have a timing issue. It would help if you could try to post your code, assuming the issue with attachments doesn't screw things up. Try posting your code.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(5,650 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ErikaE

The basic serial port example in LabVIEW is pretty limited - it only does a single write and a single read.  Are you using that example directly with no modification?  If you're using the Excitron Au Controllercoder it looks like some of the commands require more interaction than that.  Several of those command expect you to send a character, wait for a response from the controller, then send more characters.  This won't work well with the basic serial port example.  Also, the manual says "After all input is received, the Au
Controllercoder will send a LF (line feed), CR (carriage return), Axis address, and a prompt '>‘."  The basic serial port example sets the termination character to LF and enables it, so the VISA read terminates when it reaches the LF character, preventing you from seeing the rest of the response.

Message 13 of 19
(5,646 Views)

Thanks, I think its because I was lame and tried to use the serial port example "as is" 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(5,626 Views)

We have developed a package on the LabVIEW Tools Network to automate serial port interactions. You can use it to replicate what you manually do using Putty in LabVIEW for serial devices such as logining in, entering commands, waiting for a response and returning it. You can find out more about it and download a 30-day free trial at: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/214248

Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(4,584 Views)

PLEASE, 

Could you attach your VI?

i have a similar problem and I can not solve it.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(4,211 Views)

Hi Aitorplaza - Since this forum post is more than a year old I would recommend posting your question in a new thread. That way it will get more visibility from users. You can reference this thread in your new post!

Adena L.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(4,188 Views)

Not clear for me... is there a VI that can be called from Testand for serial/ssh/telnet communication?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(2,906 Views)

Yes. For Telnet, you can just create a VI and use LabVIEW's TCP VIs. For serial you can also use NI VISA or the "AutoSerial toolkit" which is easier. For SSH, you can use the "Alab SSH" toolkit. You can find these toolkits on the VIPM (VI Package Manager). They all come with some sample code.

Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(2,897 Views)