From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate one VI into another

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Does exist a simple way to integrate one VI into another ... both having quite rich GUI.

I've proceed in following manner:

• In the MASTER VI I've created TAB control with 2 tabs ... let say MASTER & SLAVE
  • Into the MASTER tab have moved whole MASTER front panel staff
  • Into SLAVE panel copy-pasted whole front panel staff from another (SLAVE) VI

Then when I have a look at resulting block diagram, I see that block diagram staff from SLAVE VI is scatterd over original block diagram.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,594 Views)

Hello Pavel_47,

I used subpanel instead of tab. It takes more times to develop but the result is a lot better and the called VI can be independent from the calling one.

Regards

Sabri JATLAOUI - Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,591 Views)

Hello Sabri,

I didn't properly understand your suggestion.

Once subpanel created, I put there SLAVE front panel staff. Correct ?

First, it doesn't correspond to the initial idea - easily alternate 2 views, MASTER and SLAVE. I think TAB control is quite appropriate for such things.

Second, copy-pasting the SLAVE front panel staff doesn't reslove the problem: "new" block diagram staff is still scattered over the "old" one creating total confusion.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,582 Views)

Greetings! Are both of them used all the time? Or is one of them more of the "do some stuff, then not needed for a while" variety? If one of them is used rarely, you might be better off spawning that as a dialog, and communicating the data to the main VI via a cluster or global variables.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,579 Views)

They both are used at the same time ... more or less

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,576 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pavel_47

The idea ost to avoid to "copy-paste" front panels 😉

"Integrate one VI into another" ok but if you put all the FP of the sub-VI into the main VI, you have duplicate FP. Master -slave, it doesn't matter. 

You have a main VI, inside you can include one or several subpanel. In those subpanel you can load FP of any VI you want.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,573 Views)

Thanks !!!

I applied the path of SLAVE VI to subpanel; on FP I've put this suppanel into 2nd "SLAVE" tab of TAB control and it works !

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,557 Views)
Nice move;)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,552 Views)