cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate one VI into another

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Does exist a simple way to integrate one VI into another ... both having quite rich GUI.

I've proceed in following manner:

• In the MASTER VI I've created TAB control with 2 tabs ... let say MASTER & SLAVE
  • Into the MASTER tab have moved whole MASTER front panel staff
  • Into SLAVE panel copy-pasted whole front panel staff from another (SLAVE) VI

Then when I have a look at resulting block diagram, I see that block diagram staff from SLAVE VI is scatterd over original block diagram.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,560 Views)

Hello Pavel_47,

I used subpanel instead of tab. It takes more times to develop but the result is a lot better and the called VI can be independent from the calling one.

Regards

Sabri JATLAOUI - Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,557 Views)

Hello Sabri,

I didn't properly understand your suggestion.

Once subpanel created, I put there SLAVE front panel staff. Correct ?

First, it doesn't correspond to the initial idea - easily alternate 2 views, MASTER and SLAVE. I think TAB control is quite appropriate for such things.

Second, copy-pasting the SLAVE front panel staff doesn't reslove the problem: "new" block diagram staff is still scattered over the "old" one creating total confusion.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,548 Views)

Greetings! Are both of them used all the time? Or is one of them more of the "do some stuff, then not needed for a while" variety? If one of them is used rarely, you might be better off spawning that as a dialog, and communicating the data to the main VI via a cluster or global variables.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,545 Views)

They both are used at the same time ... more or less

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,542 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Pavel_47

The idea ost to avoid to "copy-paste" front panels 😉

"Integrate one VI into another" ok but if you put all the FP of the sub-VI into the main VI, you have duplicate FP. Master -slave, it doesn't matter. 

You have a main VI, inside you can include one or several subpanel. In those subpanel you can load FP of any VI you want.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,539 Views)

Thanks !!!

I applied the path of SLAVE VI to subpanel; on FP I've put this suppanel into 2nd "SLAVE" tab of TAB control and it works !

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,523 Views)
Nice move;)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,518 Views)