Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integral x(t) PtByPt

@JÞB wrote:

@Thoric wrote:

@JeffMotes wrote:

Yes

Bimey. I didn't know that was possible. Deploying to FPGA from Windows, via a LabVIEW dll. Sorry, but that's not something I feel I can help with anymore. Maybe a blue member can jump in here and assist?

That certainly sounds possible!  Calling a dll created from a LabVIEW build to export a LabVIEW wrapper to lvanlys.dll from LabWindows SHOULD work (albiet, its a rather "round about" way to get to a solution.... seriously! call the lvanlys.dll function directly)

What may not be possible is the floating point math operations being targeted to a FPGA!  What lead you down this "long strange trip?"

Spoiler
I can use that quote from Jerry Garcia, I'm from Minnesota too!

Jeff, the calling of Integral from a dll is certainly possible, it's the FPGA deployment that's got me wondering. How would a LabVIEW dll, in Windows, deploy FPGA code?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(374 Views)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by deploy but the FPGA portion is not my problem.  I have been doing what I need there for a while now.  My only problem is using the PtbyPt Integral function in a LabView VI and calling it from LabWindows.   With the Integral function in the VI, the call from LabWindows hangs execution.  I can remove the function and rebuild and LabWindows does not hang.

I have a LabView Project that contains FPGA VIs.  Within that project, I have other LabView VIs for downloading and running the FPGA VI code.  It is the download, run, etc VIs that I complile into a DLL that is executed from LabWindows.  I hope that explains my situation a little better.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(370 Views)