From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insufficient Transfer Engine Resources

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an app with 2 (eventually 3) AVT Pike 100C cameras and Vista with LV 8.6.  I am getting the Insufficient Transfer Engine error when I call Configure Acquisition on the second camera.

I have reviewed and tried the solutions in this thread, but I still get the error:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=200&thread.id=12460&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Some notes:

These cameras have a FIFO, and I am using that to capture just a few images in a deferred image transfer mode.  So throughput is not important.

I have set each camera's bus speed to 400Mbps.  I have set each packet size to 1024 bytes.  The cameras are  daisy-chained on the only 1394 bus I have on this laptop

I have set the bus parameters both through the IMADdx driver, via MAX and by setting registers.  Each method appears to affect the others (that is, I can set the packet size via the enumerated interface, and see the result by reading the appropriate register on the camera).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,459 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jed_Davidow

Whoops.  Thought I had posted this to machine Vision.

Reposted there:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=200&thread.id=21054

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,438 Views)
By the way, when you insert your image, don't get the source from the preview of your message.  It doesn't work because the preview is a temporary location.  You have to submit the message with the attachments included.  That gives you the permanent web server location and message ID.  Then you can edit the message and insert the images based on their location on the webserver.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,424 Views)