LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instument I%2FO %22not installed correctly%22.

I'm trying to inport data from a scale through a serial port using the Instrument I/O VI.  I get the message " Measurement and Automation Explorer or Instrumenent I/O 
Assistant is not installed correctly. Install these from the LabView driver CD".

I have tried reinstalling All of Labview and I can't seem to find the specific files for MAX or Instument Assistant on the disk to install them individually.  I have tried to download older versions because I'm running LabView 8.2 Student from 2006, I'm not sure which version I need to make this work.

Alternatively is there any other way to get serial data into my program?

Any help would be amazing.

JoMu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,134 Views)
Do you have NI-VISA installed? It is separate from LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,132 Views)

I'm not sure but my guess is no. I have something called Visa Interactive Controll and the VISA help functions but I'm not sure Visa is on there. If it is I think it needs to be reinstalled but I don't know which version I need to be compatible with the lab view I'm running.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,128 Views)
If you installed NI-VISA, then you have MAX on your desktop. You can determine the version in that. Personally, I would never use the assistant. There are a couple of serial examples that come with LabVIEW. Just do a search for ' serial'.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,117 Views)