LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument Driver for Fisher Science Traceable Manometer

Hi,

I am looking for the Instrument Driver for Fisher Science Traceable Manometer. The manometer has RS232 port and currently only provides GUI software with 8045 Data Acquisition System:  https://traceable.com/catalog/product/view/id/3396/s/8045/category/51/

I will appreciate if you can help me on how to use Labview to control the existing GUI or have already developed the driver for this instrument.

Herman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,979 Views)

This company doesn't document the output format / protocol for the RS232  ...  but have you asked them for that information?

Reverse engineering a rs232 protocol to read values usually isn't that hard, but ask first .. saves time 😉

there was a time where portmon from MS could be used to do it....  but I think it's not possible anymore with the more recent OS ....

A close look on the web page give:

serial setting.jpg

so 9600 baud, even parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit  seems to be a good start value 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,938 Views)

Herman, I am looking for the same driver. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks,

Russ

@HermanYang wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for the Instrument Driver for Fisher Science Traceable Manometer. The manometer has RS232 port and currently only provides GUI software with 8045 Data Acquisition System:  https://traceable.com/catalog/product/view/id/3396/s/8045/category/51/

I will appreciate if you can help me on how to use Labview to control the existing GUI or have already developed the driver for this instrument.

Herman

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,741 Views)

I created one as attached. I found it does not require "write command" on writing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,736 Views)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,729 Views)