LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument Assistant does not work

I'm running LabView 7.1.1 student version and am  trying to make it talk with a NI cRIO-9215 (through a NI USB-9161).  The instrument I/O Assistant does not work (tells me LabView must be installed first).  I uninstalled the assistant and reinstalled it, still doesn't work.  I uninstalled everything, then the LabView, DAQmx base 1.4 and then the Instrument I/O Assistant 1.0.1. It still gives me the same message.  MAX can see the device, but how can I get LabView to get data from the instrument that is hooket up to the USB device?  From where can I download the Instrument I/O Assistant 1.0.2 (to see if that might work).  I need help with getting LabView to see my instrument!
Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,210 Views)

Hi Bash:

The 9215 is a DAQ device and you cannot use the Instrument I/O assistant to communicate with it.  Are you infacing with any other sort of hardware that you need the Instrument I/O assitant for?  If not, and you just need some advice on how to connect to your DAQ device then I would recommend that you post to the DAQ forum instead of the LabVIEW forum.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Emilie S.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,199 Views)