LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant PLUS API for executable license

Solved!
Go to solution

When you install Instant PLUS, all the header and DLL files are unpacked in the "\Instant PLUS\samples\IP2Lib DLL", thats where you can find the "IPLib.h" file.

Systems Engineer
SISU
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,242 Views)

Not there quite yet....

I still can't get a solution to:

1. protect an exe that is either 32-bit or 64-bit

AND

2. has functionality to Activate and Deactive

AND

3. has functionality for Online (automatically) or offline (using another PC) communication

Do I need to dig into the API to get this done?  If so, is there any example existing out there???

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,228 Views)

There is actually a dedicated resource on the NI website specifically dealing with this Toolkit. The site has lots of documentation and various “How to’s”.  It also has its own discussion forum where other users have posted questions. I would recommend posting your question there and/or reading through some of the documentation. I've posted the link below.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/third-party-licensing-and-activation-toolkit?view=overview

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,206 Views)

Hello,

I have created an exe in labview and I want to license it using Instant Plus software. My exe intern uses dll. I am able to license my exe using instant Plus, but when I run my application it searches was a dll and asks to link the dll. Is there a way to license exe which intern uses a dll. I tried using wrap dll option while licensing but it doesn't help. It would be a great help if some tells me the procedure to include the dll so that it doesn't search when I launch my licensed exe.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,163 Views)

Hello,

Have you tried the tutorials listed in the following link?  Did they work out for you?

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17063

Regards,

Shane C

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,141 Views)
Yes I tried the steps mentioned in this link https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17063 My exe contains a dll. After licensing when I launch my exe it searches for the dll. As a work around I copied the dll into the folder containing licensed exe and it works. Is there a way to avoid this work around. While licensing there is a option to wrap dll I ticked that option but it doesn't work. Regards, Naveen
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,125 Views)

It sounds to me like you need to change the folder that you have the dll in inside your executable.  Look at the "Destinations" category in your executable and verify that the dll is being placed in the same folder as your .exe file.  Hopefully that resolves the problem

Regards,

Shane C

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,102 Views)

@SJT wrote:

It worked to put the parameters in order.  I didn't attach IPLib.h since I could'nt find it on my PC.  Not sure where I get it from...  I attached the final VI.  Thanks for your help.

I donwloaded .zip folder containing VI with DLL call and DLL etc.

I'm getting LV error "Could not initialize application.  Error 42.  Please try reight-clicking and choosing Run as administrator."

Anyone else tried running the VI?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,035 Views)