LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing of LabVIEW runtime is cause of InTouch can't find its licenses

@Tortu wrote:

LabVIEW RTE automatically installs NI VISA, which is the API for using communication ports, like USB. So one thing that we can try is to enable a passport library called NI VISA Tulip. This document explains how to do that (on the third step)  

This library is meant as a compatibility tool for Agilent software but it is worth the try. If that doesn’t help, try uninstalling NI VISA completely from the Control Panel>>Programs and Features>>NI software and let us know if that solves the problem

I have no NI-VISA or Measurement & Automation Explorer installed on my target system.

NIsoft1.jpg

NIsoft2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,345 Views)

I've tried to implement functions I need, using  LabWindows/CVI instead of LabVIEW, but I've found that LabWindows runtime also is not compatible with SafeNet Sentinel software and makes InTouch licenses unavailable by same way. I have no more time to find a way to use NI software and InTouch at same PC. I will try to run my programs at separate application server and access them from InTouch using remote panel.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,327 Views)

I've just encountered the same problem. After LabView has been installed InTouch can't read the license.

Did anyone from National Instruments solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,300 Views)

Unfortunately, we cannot diagnose the problem further without more information. This sounds to me like the issue lies with the USB dongle, seeing as the test license that did not require it worked. 

A few questions:

-Is there a way to obtain a more permanent license from Wonderware that does not require the USB dongle?

If we were to assume not:

-How exactly does the software communicate with the dongle?

-Did the test license do anything else other than not communicate with the USB that might have fixed it? Also, when you say it worked, do you mean you were able to fully access and utilize InTouch alongside Labview?

-Finally, you might try uninstalling InTouch, taking a snapshot of the system. Then install and take another snapshot. Compare the files that were modified or created to see if there are any codependencies.

LabVIEW may very well be modifying common files, but we cannot know without that information.

Please let us know what the results are.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,262 Views)

@dsarge101 wrote:

-Is there a way to obtain a more permanent license from Wonderware that does not require the USB dongle?

-Did the test license do anything else other than not communicate with the USB that might have fixed it? Also, when you say it worked, do you mean you were able to fully access and utilize InTouch alongside Labview?

I've tried to use test license  that does not require the USB dongle. It works. But Wonderware does not supply unprotected licenses that can be used in production, at least in my case.

In time when I performed tests with unprotected license (2 days), I've not found any malfunction in InTouch.   

-How exactly does the software communicate with the dongle?

SafeNet Sentinel driver is used to communicate with the dongle. I'm afraid any software protected with SafeNet Sentinel HASP will not operate when LVRT is installed, not only InTouch.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,245 Views)

I have the same problem after installing Measurement Studio 2013 (downloaded from NI web site). Wonderware dongle is not accessible after computer reboot required by Measurement studio installation.

Is there any new ideas to solve this problem? May be NI have to talk to Wonderware.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,212 Views)

The problem is with NI Variable engine (NITaggerService). After stopping this service, dongle is accessible.

What is the purpose of this service? Is it important for Measurement studio?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,192 Views)

Hi All,

the problem exists, because Port 6001 is blocked by the NI Logos, and some other NI stuff.

Please have a look @ olis´ post  here to find out what you can do to make it work.

Unable to install Sentinel Protection Server

https://sentineldiscussion.safenet-inc.com/topic/unable-to-install-sentinel-protection-server#431610...

Thank you,

Best Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,163 Views)

I got away from using the dongle and use the authorization file.( ww version 6 through 10.??.  I know it takes a very long time to install Wonderware but first install LVRTE and then install Wonderware if you use the dongle.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,145 Views)