LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing LabView Control Design Module in OSX Yosemite

I installed LabView 2014 in OSX Yosemite.  It installed fine but when I go to install the modules that came on the DVD Control Design and Simulation a Java script error is generated.

Both the OSX and JAVA are up to date.

Has anyone seen this or came up with a work around?

Thanks

Tim C.

1:30 Seconds ARRRGHHH!!!! I want my popcorn NOW! Isn't there anything faster than a microwave!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,207 Views)

It's difficult to offer any insight into an error you don't include in your post.  The OS being up to date is more of a problem than a help.  As you noticed, installing LabVIEW warns you it's not supported.  It's not a huge shock to run into issues.  What error did you see?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,173 Views)

The error dialog message is as follows:

There Was an Error Reading the Package

An error occurred while evaluating javascript for the package

Thanks

Tim C.

1:30 Seconds ARRRGHHH!!!! I want my popcorn NOW! Isn't there anything faster than a microwave!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,146 Views)

=/

Gotta love when the error mesages are essentially useless.  I trust you tried the basic things like rebooting and trying again?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,137 Views)

OSX Yosemite is not supported for LabVIEW 2014. You can find the readme here.

You could create a virtual machine on your Mac with a previous version of the OS or continue trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,096 Views)

Tim, we are working on creating a KB describing the issue and the fix, I'll post a link to the KB to this thread once its ready.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,886 Views)

I am having this same issue with LabVIEW on Mac and the error message "An error occurred while evaluating JavaScript for the package." and would love any assistance you can lend. 

Aaron Collins

Physics & Math Tutor

ac1569@txstate.edu

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,830 Views)

Hello Everyone,

This is a known issue and we currently have a method to workaround the error dialog. Please contact NI Support referencing internal KnowledgeBase 6UBBSJIM and our Applications Engineers will assist you through the process.

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,781 Views)

Hello!!!

I have NI LabVIEW Student Edition and 
I tried to install LabView Control Design Module in OSX Yosemite, but I have the same problem.

"An error occurred while evaluating JavaScript for the package".

How I can solve it?

I have not found any inrformacion about this. 😞

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,604 Views)

Have you tried the information in the post right above yours?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,595 Views)