LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing LabView 8.2 runtime engine on Windows 7 64-bit

We have a product built on LabView 8.2

For a couple of years, we have been distributing this product on Windows 7 64-bit systems with no trouble at all.

Today, we received a customer complaint indicating that the LabView 8.2 runtime engine cannot be installed on Windows 7 64-bit.

Our verification team has confirmed this to be true.

Interestingly, we have several Windows 7 64-bit computers with the LabView 8.2 runtime engine already installed.

How is this possible?

Has something changed in Windows that no longer allows the LabView 8.2 runtime engine?

We are confused by the fact that this appears to be a new problem and the runtime engine did, at some point, install correctly on multiple Windows 7 64-bti computers.

Any thoughts would be extremely appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,351 Views)

Sounds like a corruption in Windows Installer to me. I've installed 8.2 as you lots of times, though not recently.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,341 Views)

We have a copy of the LabVIEW 8.2 runtime engine installer that was downloaded many years ago.

We have various copies of this file.  The behaviour is the same if we use this downloaded file or if we use a newly downloaded version of the 8.2 runtime engine.

This file works correctly on 32-bit Windows XP, as is expected.

I don't think this is a corrupted installer.

I understand that the v8.2 runtime engine may not currently run on Windows 7 64-bit.

What I do not understand is how we have managed to install it on Windows 7 64-bit computers in the past!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,335 Views)

No, i dont think the 8.2 installer is corrupt, but it uses the Windows Installer service, which according the image has some problems. Maybe it recently updated? It's incompatible with that old installer so you need to downgrade it? It's corrupted and needs some fix?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 4 of 5
(4,331 Views)

OK.  I understand what you are saying now.

Perhaps the Windows Installer service was recently updated.  We will investigate.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,329 Views)