From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Driver

Hi,

I already have a microcontroller circuit wired up that controls an LED driving cct, and aquires digital signals.
I also already have a LabView project already designed to interface with the circuit; however I am not sure how to install a driver once the circuit is connected to the computer via USB.

I am new to this, so any help would be greatly appreciated..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,099 Views)

Hey Arabi,

You need to tell us more about the controller you are using.

Is this a custom device or something that has been developed by a company?

If it's a common device, you probably can find the relating driver in Instrument Driver Network.

The instrument drivers have to be placed within the \National Instruments\LabVIEW X.X\instr.lib\ directory once they are downloaded and unzipped. Then close and open LabVIEW. Open the Functions Palette and navigate to Instrument I/O » Instrument Drivers to view the instrument driver that was installed. Also do refer to How to Use an Instrument Driver in LabVIEW Tutorial.

Have you managed to get Windows to communicate with the controller?

The first step would probably be to install the drivers that come with the controller.

What do you mean by "already designed to interface with the circuit"?

Are you using VISA commands to interface with the circuit?

Please be a bit more detailed as to what you mean by installing driver or at least what kind of driver you are talking about.

Aashish M
CEO
TransferFi
www.transferfi.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,063 Views)