LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer doubles subdirectories

I have written a LabVIEW fronend for Iperf and made an installer that also installs Iperf. Sasy since Iperf need no real installation just copy the file over to the target machine.

As you can see I set the destination to [Windows Volume]--->iperf (C:/iperf)

Gp1.PNG 

But the installer puts Iperf in C:/iperf/iperf not C:/iperf

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,828 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

No you didn't.  See that little red checkmark on the folder under Program Files?  That marks where the application will go.  Just beneth the Desination View all the way to the right is the button to mark the default folder.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(3,806 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,804 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@RTSLVU wrote:

No you didn't.  See that little red checkmark on the folder under Program Files?  That marks where the application will go.  Just beneth the Desination View all the way to the right is the button to mark the default folder.

Um... yes I did.

My LV application (Gperf) is placed in C:\Program File\Gperf like it should be

The installer places Iperf in C:\Iperf\Iperf not  C:\Program File\Gperf like it should

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,797 Views)

Oh yeah, the same thing happens with my shortcuts.

I want to place a shortcut in the startup folder for another LV program (MyIp) that displays the computer current IP address.

As you can see I have the installer set to place a shortcut for MyIp in the startup folder with no subdirectory.

GP2.PNG

But the installer places the shortcut in [Startup]--->[MyIp]---->(shortcut to MyIp.exe) not [Startup]---->(shortcut to MyIp.exe) like it should

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,789 Views)

Interesting, could you attach the .lvproj file? That should be enough for us to see the build specifications. I'm using LV 2012 unfortunately...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,766 Views)