LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer build was unsuccessful, error code -21

I have just converted to windows 7 using labview 2012 and am trying to build an application installer.  The application builds without error but the installer ha the following error:

It appears that the installer has a problem adding the xlsx file to the install directory but the file does exist and used to work when building under 8.6.

CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi >> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi >> AB_UI_Frmwk_Installer.lvclass:Build.vi >> Installer.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_BuildDevPart.vi >> CDK_Engine_AddFiles.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFBuildDevPart_AddFile.vi
C:\Users\e020181\Documents\My Files\MC2\MCC Source\Docs\CAN Messages TR12

Loading product deployment information
Adding files to installer

*** Error: An internal tool or library returned an error. (Error code -21)
Error adding file: CAN_for_DAS 10-07-11 with DSP DER 111026.xlsx
*** Error Details:
Error in MDF API function: _MDFBuildDevPart_AddFile
nmdkAddFile returned error code 26047
*** End Error Report

Validating...
Copying files...
Scanning files...
Updating files...
Build complete successfully.
Done adding files

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,456 Views)

Hi, 

In this case, the error means that the LabVIEW distribution builder cannot find the file. For instance, in the previous post, the file "DSP DER 111026.xlsx" cannot be found. You can verify the file is not found by looking at the Files tab in the Edit Installer dialog. The files that cannot be found will appear red. 

In order to correct this error, exit the Edit Installer dialog, and place the missing files in the correct directory or add the files in their current location to the project.

Regards,

KwokHow

AE NI Singapore

Applications Engineer | National Instruments
Singapore (65) 6226 5886 | Malaysia (60) 3 7948 2000 | Thailand (66) 2 298 4800
Philippines (63) 2 659 1722 | Vietnam (84) 28 3911 3150 | Indonesia (62) 21 2783 2355
Message 2 of 5
(3,437 Views)

I feel sheepish.  I had the file open in excel while trying to include in the build.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,429 Views)

I have the problem with installer, when I had installed a new toolkit or update anything, after it I cannot build an installer. I have activated all my product again, repair labview, the previous time I had to uninstall all products of NI and install again, but I cant do it all the time.

the error message is

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi >> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi >> AB_UI_Frmwk_Installer.lvclass:Build.vi >> Installer.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_BuildDevPart.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFBuildDevPart_SetUpgradeInfo.vi
{C0A8913D-B4C4-4A41-BED1-8F0522D8048C}

*** Error: Additional error occurred while reporting an error!
*** Error Details:
Error in MDF API function: _MDFCommon_Close
MetaToolbox: Error in MetaToolbox::StrictPath::StrictPath function
MetaToolbox: Error in MetaToolbox::StrictPath::IsAbsolute function
UBRunProductBuilder returned error code -1
*** End Error Report

Loading product deployment information
Adding files to installer

*** Error: An internal tool or library returned an error. (Error code -21)
*** Error Details:
Error in MDF API function: _MDFBuildDevPart_SetUpgradeInfo
nmdkGetMMLangID returned error code 26262

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,369 Views)

Hi Manushak,

So by posting this problem on an older thread you are not going to get as much traffic as if you posted on a new thread, so I advise you to make a new thread for this issue.

Peter T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,352 Views)