From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer Build excludes a specified directory in exe build

I am having an issue where one of the directories associated with the build that this installer is supposed to install, is not being included.

In this screenshot, I have a red arrow pointing to the only folder that's missing in C:\Test System Software\<appName>\

here's an imgur link:  https://imgur.com/pOLF9mC

I have rebuilt the exe and it reproduces the missing folder and rebuilt the installer after the exe and it's still missing from it's installed directory.

Using LV 13.0 32b

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,313 Views)

Making sure the question is understood:

When you run the installer for a build, the "SHUTDOWN" folder is missing from the application.  You want to know why this is happening?

Can you clarify what you mean by "rebuilt the exe and it reproduces the missing folder"?

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,274 Views)

>When you run the installer for a build, the "SHUTDOWN" folder is missing from the application.  You want to know why this is happening?

"SHUTDOWN" dir is missing from exe's root/base directory after installer runs, but is correctly created and populated by the exe build process.

>Can you clarify what you mean by "rebuilt the exe and it reproduces the missing folder"?

I'm just stating that I made sure this is an issue of the installer and not the exe build.

thanks

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,267 Views)

Is the folder empty? Are any of the other folders that you include empty? I think it's possible that the installer might skip empty folders - I think I might have run into this or a similar issue before? I think in that case I put a dummy file inside the folder and in future applications, I usually create the directories in my application if they don't exist.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 4 of 9
(3,259 Views)

The shutdown folder has some batch files in it for shutdown and restart execution, and the exe build does populate as expected.

thanks

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,255 Views)

What settings do you have on the Destinations and Source File Settings page?

(blog)
Message 6 of 9
(3,250 Views)

see here:   http://imgur.com/OBWNy1A

I actually just noticed that the checkmark for default install is still on program files, however it does install the exe and everything BUT the shutdown folder in the dir I made down in Test System Software

Thanks for the help...  and also, cool avatar, is that some kind of dna/genetic ID info I see there?

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,237 Views)

Have you sorted it then? It wasn't clear from the post.

Yeah - I had a DNA print (you send them a swab of your cheek and they send you a canvas print) done a few years ago - can't get much more of a personal avatar than my own DNA!

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,220 Views)

>Have you sorted it then? It wasn't clear from the post.

I selected the directory I wanted everything to install into and out the red checkmark on it... it WORKED.

still surprised that only one dir was left out, and eveything else ended up there where I wanted it...

Thanks!

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,205 Views)