LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed LV2009 SP1 - Application Builder Activated but Not Working

Solved!
Go to solution

Installed SP1.  Have activated application builder in Licence Manager.  Still cannot perform a build.  I see the yellow exclamation mark on my builds within Projects.

I have tried numerous repairs and de-activations and re-activations.  I tried to revert to LV 2009 (prior to SP1).  Still didn't work.

How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,479 Views)

Hi,

Are you activating using the internet connection + serial number, or manually generating an activation code? If you're doing it manually, you'll have to generate a separate activation code for App Builder using the same serial number and computer ID. Note  Application Builder is listed as a separate product at ni.com/activate when you choose Labview. 

If that still does not work, I recommend replacing your App Builder license file with the evaluation one and activating again (it's possible the old one is corrupted). You can get the eval license files for SP1 here

Hope this helps, 

Message Edited by mishkin on 04-02-2010 07:43 AM
Misha
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,477 Views)

I'm activating automatically over the internet.

How do I replace the licence files?  Where are they?

I have uninstalled SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,469 Views)

There is no National Instruments folder under Program Files (only LabVIEW folders).  I'm using Windows Vista.

Where do I find these licence files on disk?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,463 Views)

The link I sent specifies where the license files should go. For Vista, they are installed to

C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\License Manager\Licenses

Message Edited by mishkin on 04-02-2010 08:30 AM
Misha
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,460 Views)

It did not work.

There is no "Licences" folder at that location (C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\License Manager).  Only a Data folder.  I copied the licence files to that folder, which may or ma not have been the right thing to do.

Please help.

Message Edited by battler. on 04-02-2010 09:09 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,447 Views)

battler. wrote:

There is no National Instruments folder under Program Files (only LabVIEW folders).

This is not right. Are you installing Labview to the default location? Are you on Vista 32-bit or 64-bit OS? 

After you copied the files into that folder, what does your License Manager look like? Does it still say some components are activated? Screenshots may be useful

Misha
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,442 Views)

Vista 32-bit.

What do you mean it is not right?

There is no National Instruments folder under C:\Program Files, only LabVIEW 2009 folder.

Under Control Panel - Programs and Features there is National Instruments.

The licence manager states that the application builder is activated.  LabVIEW does not seem to be able to communicate with the licence manager.

Is there some Port which Vista has blocked which I need to enable?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,426 Views)

I mean that by default the NI software gets installed into the C:\Program Files\National instruments folder. Instead, it looks like it got installed into C:\Program Files or the Labview 2009 folder got moved accidentally. Labview 2009 is not the only folder that is put into the National Instruments folder when it's installed. You should also have these folders: MAX, Datasocket, Shared, and all the driver folders. Are those folders also located just in C:\Program Files on your machine?

It seems like Labview is looking for and finding the license files in some other locations besides the default. You can try doing a search for *.lic files to see if you can find them, then replace those with the evaluation files and retry the activation...

Misha
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,422 Views)

I found the licence files.  They were under C:\Program Files\Shared

I replaced the licence files.  The problem is when I open LabVIEW now it says I need to activate (i.e. 30 days remaining) but when I click on Activate button it does nothing (doesnt open licence manager).

Do I manually open licence manager and activate?  I dont think this will work.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,412 Views)