LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install issues with C:\Users as a symbolic link to D:\Users

Solved!
Go to solution

THis bit me today too. I also have the Users folder on a separate drive to keep from thrashing the SSD.

I haven't had installers fail me before now. Before today everything worked just fine. The only thing that would trash my system was the occasonal Windows update which would force me to boot off-domain and remake the junction point.

I've tried to install the latest DevSuite a few times, and each time my junction point gets blown away mid-install, the rest of the installers fail, and I have to go back and start from scratch. There was a windows update and the latest release of the Developer Kit between my last install, so I'm not sure which is to blame. It's easy to fault M$ whenever something sketchy happens in WIndows, but installers that do 'strange things' have also been reported by users as causing problems. Not that it matters. I have to adjust my whole Users Folder arrangement now because one installer wont' work: more than a slightly displeased. 

Bloody shame NI hardware support under Linux is so lacking. I'd switch yesterday if it were otherwise. More and more of us are abandoning Windows where possible. LabVIEW + full DAQ support are the only reasons I use it on some machines. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(769 Views)

FTI_Newton,

I would recommend creating a new post for your question. This is likely to get higher responses from the community.

Have you tried a force reinstall of the software? For instructions on how to do this, please see this document: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ADD22E807D5A12AD862579EC00760F79

Becca B.
Product Marketing
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(735 Views)