LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install USB Driver on startup

Hello,

I am using LabVIEW 2013 to control a RMS R356 Controller (Lin Engineering). I am communicating via USB and VISA Serial protocol. However, this device requires a Serial to USB485 driver to be installed manually on any new PC before being able to use it. I was wondering, is there a way to somehow link this driver setup into my LV code and have it install automatically whenever the program is first started up on a new computer? Attached is my code.

Thanks for any help!

SM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,778 Views)

If you have a project setup for this application (as you should), you'll have the ability to create an installer.  This will allow you to specify additional installers for drivers.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,765 Views)

Project setup meaning running this in a Project? I do have that. Where would I go to create an installer?

Thanks,

SM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,762 Views)

Right click Build Specifications -> New -> Installer.

Edit: I believe this is only available in Professional edition (not Student or Home).

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,758 Views)

Ok yeah, I must not have the Professional Edition, because when I click Build Specs-->New the only thing that pops up is "Source Distribution"... Is there any other options or am I just out of luck?

Thanks for the help,

SM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,750 Views)