LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install NI device drivers

I'm trying to install NI Device Drivers. I downloaded the downloadwizard "dcd_feb12_1_downloader.exe" and save the ~3,5 GB file on my harddrive. I proceed to close all Labview windows and folders. When it's downloaded i click "Open" and it automaticly opens the extract wizard and begins to "Extracting part 1 of 2", however when the part 1 is extracted the wizard doesn't begin to the part 2, and deletes all the files that the "dcd_feb12_1_downloader.exe" got for me?

I'm wondering if the part 2 is just very quick, and i just have to do something now? How do i check if NI Device Drivers has been installed, i don't see any changes when i launch LabView? 

I tried to read the instructions, but they just tell me to follow the installation wizard once everything is downloaded and extracted. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,428 Views)

No idea what is going on.  You can check installed components by going to NI Measurement and Automation Explorer and look at software installed.  Also, you can go to Windows, Control Panel, Add / Remove programs to see a list of the software installed.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Matt Fitzsimons
NI Alliance Member
LabVIEW Champion
NI Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW, LV-RT, Vision, DAQ, Motion, and FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,417 Views)

Hi Asgerbj

This could sound like a bad download. Something you could try before downloading again is to locate the downloaded files by the NI Downloader. The should be a directory on C:\National Instruments Downloads\ that contains the files downloaded by NI Downloader. Maybe you can install part 2 from that location?

Best Regards

Anders Rohde

Applications Engineer

National Instruments Denmark

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,386 Views)

Yes, i have a lot of folders located there, but i have no idea what to do with them to continue the installation? Or are all these folders individua drivers that i have to install depending on what i need?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,371 Views)

Hi AsgerBJ

The right process would be to redownload. Everything should work as normal, when you install. But redownloading takes too long you can do the following:

1) Investigate your software installation by going into Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) as mentioned in the previous post. You could also get an easy overview of installed software by creating a MAX Report (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DDF39729A407BFC1862578F7007807A3) 

2) Compare this to the list of Software provided with the Device Drivers DVD attached below.

Please note that not all parts is installed per default in the installer. If you are missing some parts install them from their specific location. There is also no reson to install all the drivers you could just install the one you need.

Best Regards

Anders Rohde

Applications Engineer

National Instruments Denmark

Content of Device Driver 2012.02

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,351 Views)

Hi I am encountering the same problem and it doesn't matter what I have opened and closed the download is still having the same reaction. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,042 Views)

Hi I am encountering the same problem and it doesn't matter what I have opened and closed the download is still having the same reaction. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,042 Views)

Hi everyone,

I think I had the same problem than you. After downloading the NI Device Drivers zip file and after unzipping it, nothing happened. So I tried to download an other version and I discovered there were two files to download. You can find them on this page.

What I did. After downloading the two of them and unzipping them the soft showed up and began to install the drivers.

Hope I could help you.

Message 8 of 8
(5,370 Views)