From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting Unit Test Framework Tests into Requirements Gateway Project

I have Requirements Gateway and Unit Test Framework installed on my system.  However, I do NOT have a "Unit Test Framework Test" option under Project Management in Requirements Gateway.  Therefore, I am not able to add a Unit Test or a Unit Test Report to my Requirements Gateway project. 

Do I have to add the Unit Test Types to Requirements Gateway as a separate step?

Thanks,

Wes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wes Ramm, Cyth UK
CLD, CPLI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,420 Views)

Wes -

The LabVIEW Unit Test Framework installs an NI Requirements Gateway 1.1 example project to the <LabVIEW>\examples\Unit Test Framework\NI Requirements Gateway directory. The NI Requirements Gateway project file (.rqtf) stores the Unit Test Framework types in .types files within this same directory. If you would like your Unit Test Framework types to be available from all new NI Requirements Gateway projects:

1. Open the Basic Functions.rqtf Requirements Gateway Unit Test Framework example project.
  2. Select File»Edit Types.
  3. Copy the two Unit Test Framework types under the NI Requirements Gateway folder.
  4. Then paste the types in the public folder.
  5. Click OK and re-analyze the project.

You should now be able to access the Unit Test Framework types from any newly created Requirements Gateway project. For information on working with NI Requirements Gateway 1.1 and the LabVIEW Unit Test Framework, see the Coupling NI Requirements Gateway with the LabVIEW Unit Test Framework Toolkit document.

Please let me know if you still encounter any issues.

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,413 Views)